- Educate the public about Pirate Party issues, and learn from their feedback.
- Create a unified platform that Pirate Party members can use for further developments as well as communication & meetings.
- Create a system that Pirate Party members will want to use for themselves.
- Help people have easy access to a transparent system that allows them to exercise a strong level of free speech and privacy.
- Give people access to useful open source content such as books, videos, software.
- Remove peoples’ dependence on copyrighted “content”.
- Teach people how the technology (used in the OS) works.
The main developer, Andrew, is a PhD student working in the area of high energy physics. He has a strong academic background in math, computer science, physics, and economics. In his free time, he enjoys building trustless, decentralized systems (such as Pirate Linux) that empower both himself and others. You can follow him on Twitter @1proof.